Friday, April 30, 2010

Full of Surprises

I will apologize in advance for this super long post. If you don't have time to read the whole thing, jump to the end to get the doctor update.

This week has just been crazy. Enough said. I have been trying to relax and stay calm and that just didn't happen.

Let's start at the beginning.

On Tuesday night I was planning ahead (no surprise being the Type A person I am) and prepping for Wednesday's dinner by making the chili ahead of time. Then I can just plug in the crock pot Wednesday morning and save 45 minutes of sleep by not making the chili (cutting all the veggies, browning the meat, adding the spices) in the morning. I was about 10 minutes from completion and opening up a can of black beans when the top of the can fell into the can. I started to pry it out with my fingers and thought, "Don't be stupid. Get out a knife to help pry it out." So I got out a knife, got the lid out, and somehow I still ended up cutting my finger.

I immediately started running it under the faucet, but the blood was gushing out and Jon quickly but calmly ran into the kitchen and said, "I think we should go to the hospital." I knew if it was serious enough for Jon to suggest a visit to the ER at 10:00PM at night, then it was serious. So I started to freak out a little. Ok, maybe a lot. I was helpless to do anything since I was putting intense pressure on my finger and couldn't use either hand. Jon was so great though, staying completely calm and encouraging me each step of the way.

The ER visit was surprisingly quick. We were in and out in about an hour(!), but apparently I was as white as a sheet during the tetanus shot and suture application. At the end of the day I got three stitches in my left index finger. We finally got to bed around midnight.

And that was only Tuesday.

Wednesday we had another late night hosting our small group, and Thursday was an absolutely insane and crazy day at work. I didn't sit at my desk for 2 hours straight, running around helping kids and teaching four classes in the morning non-stop. Then about lunch time I started to feel sick-achy, headache, sore throat, and very lethargic, but I still had four classes to go that I needed to be "on" for. I got home and just crashed. I think the week finally caught up to me.

Today, thankfully, I have off, and I'm going to try to rest, get healthy, and relax. I also had a doctor's appointment this morning. My body has decided to take it's good ol' time this month, and tomorrow it the day of the IUI. This is great because Jon and I don't have to take off work and I won't be back to work till Tuesday. Plenty of time to relax and be calm!

Thank you for your prayers during this time. I really appreciate it!

No comments: