Since moving away from Arizona I have begun spreading the rumor that Arizona is God's Country. Just recently I was trying to convince a volunteer at my school library with the facts.*Arizona has no natural disasters. That's right..no volcanoes (which they have in WA), earthquakes (ditto in WA), tornadoes, hurricanes, or flooding. Now I know some of you might say, "Kortney, there is indeed flooding in AZ." That is true, but I have never seen a flood destroy entire neighborhoods or people rowing boats down a street. Our floods go in flood zones 'cause we are in God's country. ;)
*Arizona has the Grand Canyon. It's a wonder of the world. Enough said.

*Arizona has Monument Valley, Sedona, Karchner Caverns, Canyon de Chelly...the list goes on and on. So many b
eautiful wonders, and many you can only find in Arizona.
*Arizona has so many varied climates: desert, pine forests, shrublands, woodlands, grasslands. It's almost as if God decided to put a potpourri of flavors in Arizona.
*Arizona has the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. Almost every night God takes out His paintbrush!

I bought a book called "Arizona On My Mind" so I could get a glimpse of God's Country when I got homesick. One of my favorite quotes in the book is by former Senator Barry Goldwater.
"I noticed immediately a more bracing quality in the air; a clearer, bluer sky, a more buoyant note in the song of the birds, a snap and a sparkle in the air that only Arizona has, and I said to myself, without reference to a map, that we were now HOME."
If you have any more ideas about why AZ is God's country please post them in the comments area! And for my few Seattlite readers, if you haven't been to AZ then you should go! :) You'll love it!
3 comments:
Are you feeling a bit homesick? ;) Me too! I will come up with some more reasons! I agree, Gods country.
Ah Ha!! I just came up with another reason why AZ is God's country: ASU!! Go Sundevils! :P I thought you might get a kick out of that Kort!
Love it, Heather! Jon also thought I should add AZ has mountains tops with snow, too. So many reasons AZ is great, huh?
Post a Comment