Sunday, January 16, 2005

Praise for KEG

Although it may seem from the title of my post that I'm in a narcissistic mood, in actuality I am writing to tell you about a fantastic restaurant called The KEG Steakhouse(www.kegsteakhouse.com). I have wanted to go to this restaurant for a few months because of the obvious resemblance to my name, but I now have a far greater reason for going there...they have some of the BEST FOOD EVER!

I know, I know, you probably think I'm being biased because of the silly name connotation again, but it really is good food. The first time I went in September, Jon and I were blown away. Although it can be pricy, we get the "KEG SIZE" prime rib, which is a full 16oz, split it, and walk away paying less than thirty bucks for a nice dinner and drinks. How can you argue with that?

Yesterday was my most recent experience at the dining establishment. Seeing as many people have already discovered the virtues of this place, we were told there as a 40 minute wait. However, 40 minutes turned into an hour. Nevertheless, the meal made up for any lost time. Halfway through our meal the manager came up and apologized for the long wait and offered us a *free* dessert for our troubles. A FREE DESSERT! Come on! So, we feasted on creme broulee at the end of the evening.

If you haven't tried KEG yet I would encourage you to jump on their website and find the nearest location pronto. Don't thank me for the tip, though. You can just take me out to dinner the next time you go back for your gratitude. ;)

P.S. I went swimming in January yesterday! (Yes, the pool was heated, but I WENT SWIMMING IN JANUARY). What a rebel.

No comments: