As mentioned in the previous post, I definitely think the book of Philippians has some great verses in it. When I first became a Christian I really like the (what I call) standard and universally recognized "favorite book" like John or Romans. Those are indeed great works, but Philippians really does have some awesome stuff in it, too. Read below to check out some of my favorite verses, sure to encourage anyone!
Phil. 2:14
14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16 as you hold out the word of life--in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.
Phil. 3: 7-9
7 But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.
Phil. 4:6-8
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil. 4:13
I can do everything through Him that gives me strength.
Pretty cool, huh? I can testify that these verses have definitely encouraged, sustained, guided, and reminded me of how much I am loved. Feel free to add your own "favorites" to a post so others may enjoy, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment