Since I am around kids all the time I know how big of a deal birthdays are to them. When you get older the mystique and wonder seems to wear off. For one, birthdays seems to come around much more often. Two, it means you are getting old. Three, they aren't made as big of a deal as when you are younger so it typically just doesn't feel like when you had your sweet sixteen or big 21st.
But I have an amazing husband who made sure my birthday was so awesome this year!
Jon, aka the "best husband ever," started my day out by cooking me breakfast after I slept in. Then we lounged around the house and hung out until we had lunch at Paradise Bakery (one of my favorite spots). Then, Jon had planned a surprise afternoon/evening. I don't know if other ladies agree with this, but I pretty much LOVE date surprises when I don't know what we are doing or going. It's fun to guess what will happen and very romantic to see what the "best husband ever" (or BHE) has in store for me.
Jon had planned for us to go to the AZ Science Center and see the Titanic exhibit. I had mentioned to him that I wanted to get down there to see this, and it was awesome he remembered and planned it into my special day.
Then, the best husband EVER had made reservations for the revolving restaurant at the Hyatt in downtown Phoenix. I had never been there before, and it ended up getting us great views right before sunset of the entire valley. Because it was Superbowl weekend, security down at the hotel was tight since NFL people were all staying there. We ended up having to be escorted up to the restaurant by an employee, but it actually made it feel kind of special instead of being annoyance.
My wonderful husband definitely outdid himself for his wife this year. I had such a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment