I am officially done with school for this school year. Yea! This year had it's challenges, but like anything else I think I grew a lot and become a better teacher from it. I have actually been considering going into library, so I am going to begin studying for this in the upcoming weeks and see where that leads. Teaching definitely is great, but there are several hard things that not only our government but also plain ole' politics is doing to make teaching less and less fun.
This summer I am working on a district committee to help write next year's gifted curriculum. Also, I will be teaching at a summer camp all day for a week. I have absolutely no idea what the program is or the age group I will be working with (it seems kind of unorganized) but I hope it is fun and not stressful while working it.
Other than that, I plan on relaxing, reading (I've finished two books in the four days since school got out), and hanging out with family and friends. I'm looking forward to our preplanned vacation in July, too. I'm sure it will go by quickly, though. Only eight short weeks and back to the grind.
1 comment:
Congratulations!
I hope you enjoy your time off!
But be careful about reading too much, some of your student's mothers might be worried that you are reading too much! :-)
Post a Comment