
Here I am a week into my summer vacation and Jon has already said to me, "Well, it looks like you got everything you wanted to get done for the entire break accomplished in one week." Although it isn't 100% correct, Jon has pretty much hit the nail on the head. My type A personality has reared its head and I have, indeed, been very productive in my first week off with my summer to do list. Most of it would be quite boring to describe to you, but I have had an opportunity to sit down and read. I just finished The Da Vinvi Code and read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I also am planning on tackling a few more this summer that I'm pretty excited about:
1. The Divine Conspiracy-I heard about this book years ago from my old youth pastor, and I really want to check it out still.
2. Ragamuffin Gospel-I have always heard really good things about it.
3. Martha to the Max: Balanced Living for Perfectionists-I heard about this book from Amazon. I read and LOVED Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World a few months ago, and I was looking for another book like it. Amazon recommended this, so I thought I'd give it a try.
4. Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires, the Respect He Desperately Needs- Both Jon and I have heard from countless sources what a great book on marriage this is.
Any suggestions from ya'll? Favorite genres include historical fiction with some cute romantic things thrown in! :)
One of my summer "to dos" was to get my hair cut. This doesn't seem like a momentous decision, but I am the type of person that always orders the same thing at the same restaurant every time. Read: I don't like change very much. However, I took the plunge and wanted to get my hair cut...short. I made an appointment at a salon by my house. The receptionist recommended I go with Boris. Now, this name gave me a few qualms. Boris does not sound like the name of a person who is going to be comforting in the face of a big decision. Boris sounds like name of an old, Russian gangster. I was picturing an older gentleman who talked with a heavy accent and would say, "In Soviet Russia, the hair cuts you!" as I walked in. My imagination definitely was incorrect however. Boris looked more like a Tony from New York City...and he was about my age. He ended up cutting about 2-3 inches off, but I am very happy with the change.
A few weeks ago was Ericka's wedding. She was absolutely radiant and I shed a few tears while she was reciting her vows. It all hit me that we talked entirely too much about our future weddings (at my urging, I'm sure) while we were staying up late in the dorms in college, and it was very surreal to actually see her getting married. I know she and Jimy will be immensely happy together.
A few other news worthy events before I sign off:
I am starting a second master's degree in ESL right now. I am taking 6 hours over the summer and a few during the school year. Gotta love the continuing education!
This Sunday is Jon's birthday...his first since we have been married. As usual, I am overanalyzing everything trying to make it *perfect* for him. There have definitely been a few minor "incidents" leading up to this week that I will have to share at a later time. However, it should be fun for all!
If anyone will be in town over summer, make sure you give me a call. It was wonderful getting to catch up with Syd the other day while she was here.
Have I mentioned this on my blog already? I am going to be an aunt effective October ??? Am I old enough to do that? :)
Hope everyone is doing great!
No comments:
Post a Comment