
Jon and I found ourselves stuck on Saturday night with nowhere to eat dinner (because of the late hour) but The Cheesecake Factory. This might not seem like a big deal (and it's really not), but neither of us has ever found anything we truly liked at The Cheesec@ke Factory. They have a menu the size of a small phone directory, but they don't seem to make anything superb. I have tried countless of items trying to be satisfied, but I have never found anything that seems to truly hit the spot. This lead to us wanting to create a Top Ten list of the most overrated resaturants in Phoenix.
1. Cheesecake F@ctory (see above)
2. P.F. Ch@ng's/Pei Wei- I know I'll take some heat for this one, but I truly think the Chinese place we go to is just as good and half the price. Seriously!
3. El Enc@nto- I have discussed this restaurant in an earlier post. Although I have no beef with the food, it wasn't so amazing that it deserved a thirty minute drive, above average prices, and a wait to eat even at 4:00 in the afternoon.
4. Flo's- Very similiar to my comments about P.F. Chang's, but this place is so popular and I don't think "it's all that and a bag of potato chips."
5. Dilly's Deli- For whatever reason people love this little Tempe sandwich joint. I simply don't understand why. When Jon and I went there (after hearing countless rave reviews from friends) I was shocked to find one slice of turkey on my sandwich. Come on, people! This is not Europe; I expect some meat on my order!
6. M@ggiano's-An expensive and overrated Italian upscale restaurant (complete with valet parking) close to our home. Go to Oregano's, Olive Garden, or the Macaronni Grill and save yourself some dough.
7. Isl@nds- Ericka LOVES this hamburger joint, but I have never been all that crazy about it. Are the hamburgers better than McDonalds? Of course, but so are Burger King's, In and Out's, and AZ 88.
8. Chick Fil-@- This restaurant I truly just don't understand the popularity of. When they first started opening around Scottsdale about a year ago there were lines out the door to eat inside. I have since come to discover a restaurant that serves you a piece of fried chicken on a bun with one pickle. How hard is that? Hasn't KFC been doing that type of thing for years? Jon did want me to mention, however, that he believes their sweet tea can't be beat!
9. H@rd Rock Cafe-What's the big deal? So we have some old, retired rock stars record albums or get up hanging on the wall. The food is nothing spectacular.
10. Houston's- I went here the other day with some friends and spent $14 for a salad. Some greens and a few pieces of chicken, people. This is not rocket science to create. Plus, the restaurant is so dark I had to guess what I was eating. Along with this, I'd say the White Chocol@te Grill, the new restaurant which opened in north Scottsdale by the owners of Houson's, is nothing special either.
There you have it. The list in it's entirety. I might have a Top Ten places to eat list coming out in the next few weeks. I'm sure you'll all be waiting with baited breath. My only worry is you will start to go there and then I'll have to wait in lines.
No comments:
Post a Comment