I don't know if it's plain bad luck of what, but Jon and I have had our fair share of "run ins" with major companies and "trusted professionals." (I use the term professionals very lightly).
*UHaul (you all have heard the story by now and has been posted about in a previous Jan. blog).
*Zales-where do I start? In an attempt to purchase my wedding ring and get Jon's ring sandblasted we have run into numerous problems with this company.
1. They fail to notify you when a ring is finished, there is a problem with the order, or if the status of the purchase has changed.
2. No one at the store, including the manager, has ANY idea what is going on. I called the store twice to double check they did sandblasting with an affirmative answer each time. After calling the store three times to check when if it was finished (they missed the promised pick up date even after having it over a week) THE manager assured me it would be done. When we got there they sent the ring OUT OF THE STORE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DO SANDBLASTING AFTER ALL. AHHHH!!!!!!!
3. They don't check over the merchandise before giving it to the customer. Case in point: we went to pick up my ring and one of the diamonds has fallen out of the setting. Good thing Jon has good ideas cause silly me would have assumed that a jeweler, employee, etc. would look over the ring before signing off on it.
Bottom line: Don't shop at Zales!
*Andrew H--m at Sterling Fine Realty. A realtor and former owner of our home. He signed a contract saying the carpet would be professionally stretched and cleaned and then told us a bold faced lie saying he as there when it was stretched. Funny that when the carpet cleaners were asked if this was true they were never told to stretch the carpet. Oh, and he was supposed to hire professional cleaners to clean our home. I doubt their professional status and they had to come back twice to clean it correctly. On a side note, I do have to thank the brokers as this company for being very helpful when dealing with such an unhelpful and dishonest man.
*Shelly, our wedding planner. She fails to call or e-mail back when trying to get a hold of her (went MIA for over two weeks once after several attempts at communication). Then she charges an arm and a leg for her services. Get this, she'll provide a veggie platter for you to snack on when you are preparing for the wedding...for over sixty dollars! PULLLEAASSEEE!!! (We did not pay for Shelly's services, but they were provided to us).
I feel like it is my public duty to let you know to be careful when spending your hard earned dough. Be careful, because there are some really crazy people out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment