Sunday, January 30, 2011

Long time no see

As some of you frequent visitors may have noticed, I haven't posted very often lately.  I guess I am at a standstill-a little unsure what to do with my blog right now. When I started it in 2004 it was a way to keep friends and family near and far updated on my life. Pretty soon I had to make it private as students found it and knew a little too much about me. Once it was private I was even more carefree with the information I shared because I knew exactly who was reading it. After I went public with our struggle with infertility on my blog I was very honest sharing about what was going on physically, emotionally, etc. Recently, I decided to make my blog public again because I have found so many other great blogs out there I can relate to that discuss everything from adoption to infertility.  If I can help someone else feel like they aren't alone in their journey, I want to

However, now that so many people have the ability to read my blog (strangers, close friends, acquaintances) I am nervous about what to post.  I am aware that if I post about something that is hard, like feelings related to infertility, it might make people uncomfortable. I also have become more aware in the past few months that some people don't want to hear about the hard stuff. Walking "in the valleys" with someone can get hard and their patience runs out.  Although everyone in my life knows what we are going through right now, they often may not know (or really want to know) the emotions surrounding it aren't always pretty and wrapped in a nice little bow.

So...do I write generically about what's going on or share whatever I feel comfortable at the risk of alienating people?  That's what I've been thinking about lately...

No comments: