Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bodies Exhibit

The national Bodies exhibit has hit Seattle, and last week Jon and I decided to check it out. I didn't really know what to expect, and although I think the admission fee was steep it was a very interesting experience.

One of things that hit me as we were leaving was the complexity and interrelated nature of the thousands of things that work together so seamlessly everyday. I don't understand how anyone can walk out of seeing this and NOT be convinced that a Creator designed us. The body is simply too impressive to conclude anything else.

The impression Jon got was similar, but from a different perspective. The veins and blood vessels were dyed in the exhibit to give you a sense of how large and expansive this system is. When colored, some of these end up looking like a fern or a tree. Again, it reminded him (and me) of how God created both nature and our bodies, so it would make perfect sense that similar elements, albeit on a microscopic level inside our body, would be the same. Our creator has a wonderful imagination.

Sometimes it is a good reminder for me that God is in charge of all of these HUGE, epic things because often times I forget this and just think of Him on a more personal level. It is very Job-esque to be reminded that He created the universe and everything in it. When I think of this, I am reminded that I need to trust God because He knows more than I EVER will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER! God is amazing! It is humbling to see how complex we are and know that God is in control of all of it. Love you!

Kelly Gray said...

That is so cool. I really wish I would have gone when it was in Phx and I never got to it. I heard it was so amazing.