Friday, November 20, 2009

That time again...

It's been awhile since I've posted and I keep telling myself I should update this blog again, but I'm struggling to know what to write.

For the most part life is pretty status quo right now which might actually be news in and of itself after so many months of constant changes. We are going to Milwaukee for Thanksgiving in less than a week, and it will be nice to see Jon's family over a long holiday weekend. We might actually get up early and do the Black Friday thing which, I've been told, can be pretty chilly in Wisconsin. I think, however, I am more prepared for it since it has been so chilly in Seattle. In fact, every time I look at the weather between these two cities Seattle has been colder than Milwaukee. I keep hoping their weather report will change and we'll be able to see some sunlight there since it has been absent from Seattle as of late. In fact, I heard yesterday on the news that Seattle has received 2 inches more rain this month than normal. Ugh! (To give you Phoenicians some perspective, they have received over 6 inches this month which is more than Phoenix receives in a year!).

You can pray for us both as we begin some new medical treatments as of late. The medication I am on has given me pretty bad headaches each day. I am thankful that is the only side effect so far, but having a headache 24/7 can be really challenging and test my patience. Please also pray for wisdom for both of us as we decide where to go from here. I also may have to be taking off of work for some more medical testing/monitoring, which is stressful in and of itself. Please also pray that these tests would go well and that I would receive God's peace no matter the results. There are some days that I really need it.

No comments: