Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pretty girly things

I really enjoy the show Samantha Who, and I have been thinking if I had an unlimited income how much I would love wearing some of Samantha's clothes.  Recently I saw a post about her wardrobes and TV Guide even featured a spread about her cute "rags."  Unfortunately her wardrobe costs about $2500 a pop.  Like I said, I'll have to find inspiration at Kohls and TJ Maxx for now.

I usually love clothes from period pieces, and while I was surfing Facebook yesterday I noticed there is a whole group devoted to the dress that Giselle wore in Enchanted.  I, too, LOVE this dress!  Although I don't think I'
d want to live in the past because of the lack of equality for 

women, conveniences, etc. I do like the clothes.  Here is a list of the top 5 dresses from period pieces.   

1.  Enchanted Dress-it is so girly and pretty.  It looks like a dress that Sleeping Beauty would have worn.  What girl didn't dress up like a princess when she was little?
2.  Rose's dress in Titanic-this dress has such a cool deign and the layers are so original yet very feminine.
3. Buttercup's dresses in The Princess Bride.  This movie just
 plain awesome so how can the wardrobe not be?

4.  Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind-This dress would be virtually impossible to navigate, but I'd be willing to try. 
5.  The clothes from Jane Austin's era aren't nearly as extravagant, but I have always thought they were simple yet elegant. 




No comments: