Reading one of my last posts about my new position I forgot how hard that first week in this new job was. God definitely answered my prayers because life as the media specialist has gotten much better since then. I am adjusting to my new position and finding out how to switch "hats"-from kindergartners who are 4-5 years old up to eighth graders (13-14 years) in the next moment. I am also learning the new curriculum and crafting lessons that correspond in (hopefully!) meaningful and fun ways for the kids each day.Overall I really am enjoying it. The kids are fun, and I've even gotten a few hugs from kids when they leave. (Middle schoolers never did that!). I also like being able to share literature and "acting out" the roles of the characters. This was one of my favorite parts of teaching younger kids, and I've missed
it in middle school the past five years. I have also found a great group of ladies who are "teamless" as well because they teach a "special" or a mismatch of subjects. Overall I am really happy with my new job and love the challenge of something different.
Labor Day was a great, restful weekend.
We went up to Payson and saw some amazing rainbows after one of several downpours. It was one of the brightest rainbows I had ever seen, and we could see the whole thing stretched across the sky. Then, out of nowhere, another rainbow faintly began to appear as well. It was gorgeous!
We went up to Payson and saw some amazing rainbows after one of several downpours. It was one of the brightest rainbows I had ever seen, and we could see the whole thing stretched across the sky. Then, out of nowhere, another rainbow faintly began to appear as well. It was gorgeous!
This past weekend we got together to celebrate Dad and Troy's birthday as well. Of

course Garrison was the center of attention, and here are a few cute pictures of the family, too. The one with Garrison holding the can of beer was particularly funny. He pretended to drink it and gave us this grimace when we tried to take it away from him.
Jon and I went to a DBacks game against the Marlins a few weeks ago,

and I thought I'd post a fun pick of that, too. We totally pigged out and bought SO MUCH food-two dogs, nachos, soda, beer, and peanuts. We sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," did the wave, and cheered on the Dbacks, especially after their one and only home run which opened the game. Unfortunately they lost, but it was a great time.
1 comment:
Those are beautiful rainbow pics. And I had to save the one of Garrison too. :) Glad your job is going great!
Post a Comment