Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pleasant Surprise

I'll admit it...I watch American Idol. The first season of the show I was in Europe so I didn't really understand how it swept America and didn't get "it" at all. Then I started watching the second season with Marie at our apartment. We both wanted Clay to win, and I'll admit it, I even called once or twice to vote for him. Since then I have been on and off watching it, but I have stuck with it this year. I was SHOCKED when tonight on American Idol the top 8 basically opened the show singing "Shout to the Lord."

WHAT??!?!?!

I thought when they announced it they would cut out the "meat" like "My Jesus, My Savior, Lord There is None Like You" or "Power and Majesty, Praise to the King." This is not one of those "Jesus is my boyfriend" songs. It is in fact one of my favorites cause it's so real and the focus is all on Him and our need for Him.

It made me happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow- that blew me away too! I would have never guessed they would sing that on American Idol. I am curious what type of feedback they got on that. Pretty awesome.