Things have been very busy since I started back at work. I am working a longer contracted day this year, so that means I have been arriving earlier and staying later than ever before. Subsequently my posts have become more infrequent.
Overall the year is going really well! I like my students and classes, and they always provide some sort of amusement during the day. Grad school has been thought provoking; I'm taking an lingustics class and it is very interesting.
Jon and I are doing really well. We started to attend a new church and so far we really feel the messages are strong, God centered, and thought provoking. We like the music-centered on God, not people,and we hope to start meeting some new couples our age. We started going to a new small group that just formed last Sunday, and hopefully that will lead to more interactions, although the age range of the group varies widely.
We have been trying to escape the Phoenix heat on the weekends by going up to Payson, and although that is sporadic at best it is so relaxing and calm while we are up there. For some reason when in town we always tend to get busy running errands and doing lots of "stuff."
A few weeks ago we saw "Becoming Jane," so if anyone is looking for a good chick flick I'd recommend it. Jon and I also got "Saint Ralph" on Netflix and it was actually pretty good minus a few questionable things in the beginning (we'll call it teenage angst). Much better than Sixteen Candles which we rented a few weeks earlier. Jon couldn't even finish it!
Although random, hopefully this serves somewhat as an update. Happy September!
No comments:
Post a Comment