I have been reminiscing lately with several people from high school about how old we are now. Sometimes it's hard to believe we are adults and making adult decisions, big or small. We have mortgages. We have credit cards (I remember when I thought that would be cool). We go to jobs everyday. We move. We are married, and some of us even have kids. Blows me away.
I wish I would have listened to the adults in my life when I was in high school and college when they told me that would be the best time in my life. Little if no responsibilities, yet a great amount of freedom, was pretty sweet. I of course thought they were completely wrong then, but looking back what can beat the college schedule of 15 hours of actual class every week?
Sigh.
Being a full fledged adult does have some perks, don't get me wrong! Marriage is great, having your own place rocks, and getting paid enough money to go on vacations every now and then is very nice.
Regardless, God uses each season of life to teach us and hopefully we grow more like Him each day, no matter what age we are. After all, each day we should be "pressing on" towards the goal that God called us to.
No comments:
Post a Comment