Sunday, February 04, 2007

Laminin holds us together

Last Friday we went to the Chris Tomlin concert, which I would highly recommend if you get a chance. It was an awesome night of worship and fun. Matt Redman was also there, but the nice thing about it was that Chris and Matt shared the stage the whole night, thus making it evident the true headliner was God, not a performer. Throughout the entire night they had words in the background so the goal was obviously praise.

During the middle of the evening a speaker came on and spoke about the bigness of God. He quoted Isaiah 40 which says that God created the heavens. Then he showed pictures of galaxies and the four largest stars to be discovered and compared them to how vast they are in comparison with the Earth and even the sun. It was really amazing and reminded me of how BIG and AMAZING God is to be able to hold the heavens in his hands and create the universe. Then the speaker turned the focus towards humans and how God loves us. We are so small compared with the universe, yet it is obvious that He loves us by looking at what He did through Christ. Then he told us about laminin, a protein in our body that literally holds our skin, organs, and everything else in our body in place. It is literally the glue of our body. Guess what shape laminin is in? Give up? The shape of a cross. God holds us together with laminin and saved us with the cross. What a blessing to see and hear about God's truly amazing nature and see how he has placed clues everywhere to show us who He really is.

Here is a picture of laminin. Google it youself to see other images of this protein and marvel at God's greatness.

58 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fiance and I just went to the Chris Tomlin concert tonight and were amazed about the same message you heard previously. It is remarkable how the little things show God's awesome love toward us. Keep pressing townard the goal!!

Anonymous said...

I just got back from the Chris Tomlin concert...and WOW!It is amazing how God reaches us exactly where we are at. HE is infinate...like we seriously can't wrap our mind around the fact that he never started...He just WAS!!! So I was thinking about things that I am going through in my life, and I see how much I wonder, "Can God handle this?" Can God handle this? who am I kidding...Look at his creation. Of coarse he can handle the things in our lives. And not only can he handle them, but he cares and he knows exactly what we are going through. So when we look at our 'stuff' in light of the world, which by the way GOD has already overcome. WHY FEAR??? God is there. DEPEND ON HIM!

Anonymous said...

Tonight i heard the same message at Chris Tomlin's concert. He keeps revealing Himself to me in ways i never would expect. Who knew he would give us proof of his role in our lives right in our own bodies? Laminin. incredible.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I went to the "How Great is Our God" concert at Continental Arena on Sunday, Feb 18, 2007. We were so blessed by the songs that were sung by Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman. It was amazing to see people of all differnt colors worshipping one God, Jesus Christ. It was a glimpse of what heaven will be like. Louie Giglio spoke during the concert about how our God, who created the universe, also loves us little people. And even though we are only but a flower who is here today and gone tomorrow, we are of royalty and will oneday reign with our master and Lord. May God Bless!!!

Anonymous said...

How Great Is Our God? So great that when he stepped out from Eternity to become like us He brought with him the "DNA" of the Cross so that He could Hold on to us. Who would have thought-laminin. I also was at the concert last night at the Continental Arena in NJ and I think a more appropriate word is not a concert but an awesome worship service. If any of you have a chance to go see Chris Tomlin I say, "Go Go Go." Keep on keeping on.

Anonymous said...

Well, I stumbled across your blog while further researching the protein "Laminin" after learning of its existence while attending the "How Great Is Our God" tour last night in Cleveland, Ohio. Just wanted to post a comment to throw some Kudos to our Great and Marvelously Amazing God who NEVER ceases to WOW me!!!!

By the way - thought you'd be interested in knowing that the official scientific symbol for Laminin is LAMB2 - HA!

Anonymous said...

Wow How AWESOME is our God. Like everyone else I just came from the Chris Tomlin Worship in Lancaster County Pa! I am still trying to grasp Laminin!For anyone that doesnt believe in God go to this concert if you get a chance! No matter what our circmstance in life we have the joy of the Lord to be our strenghth!! Indescribable!

Anonymous said...

i went to the chris tomlin concert in state college last night and it changed my life. <3

Anonymous said...

I have studied biology at the molecular level since I was a teen. But I've never heard of laminin before, not even in graduate school. When I heard Louis' message, I WAS PUMPED and still am! The molecular biologist was right! This is a homerun and decisive left hook for...God! I have studied other signs God has left for us to find in this cosmic treasure hunt that includes other galaxies like the Whirlpool Galaxy with the cross inside the exploded supernova. If you haven't seen it, go to http://hubblesite.org and type in under search the whirlpool galaxy. And be prepared to be amazed!

Carl B.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this picture of Laminin.... I went to the same concert you did last night in Cincinnati and it was an amazing experience. And the Laminin piece of the talk Louie Giglio gave has stuck with me as just incredible. I Googled laminin to find a picture of this to share with some people at work tomorrow and up popped your site! Thank you! And God bless...

Anonymous said...

I just got back from the Chris Tomlin Concert. And I thought it was soo amazing. This message was great. Louis Gigli did a really good job with the message. and it blew me away. i have no words. Matt Redman's song that goes "oh no he never lets go" was also a really good point. Its amazing how big the universe really is!! It was overall an indescribable night. Laminin is just theproof that he holds us together and can never let go.

Anonymous said...

It's an amazing experience!!

Anonymous said...

hey ya i went too! it was awsome! i LUVED IT! no i know how amazing god is!

Anonymous said...

I also went to the Chris Tomlin concert and it really opened my eyes to how small we really are, yet how important we are. I really like the photo's Louie Giglio had shown us about laminin and the stars. I obviously had some more interest in it because I put the search in for: laminin and Jesus and this is the site first brought up. I like that I have this as a tool when I speak to others. Thank God that he puts out other tools that may reach the unsaved. Praise the LORD.

The Idiot Speaketh said...

My wife and I went to the concert in Dallas on Feb. 2nd. I also have a blog and did a post about Laminin and the powerful message delivered at the concert. Looks like the Lord both touched us in the same effect after the concert. Great post! I still find it hard to believe that the word about Laminin has not gotten out to the public before. I had never heard of the stuff before that concert. Best of luck in the future and God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Maybe this seems a silly thing to suggest. Has anyone gone to the site that this google image is pointing to? If so, you would notice that this symbol represents how CLONED rat and RABBIT Laminin interact. It is a test kit from a Japanese biomedical research firm

Anonymous said...

While at work listening to my friend who went to Chris Tomlin's "experience" we started looking for laminin and "the black hole". WOW, WOW, WOW, that is all I can say at this time because WOW. Check out the link below. WOW!!http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/exotic/black-hole/1992/17/image/a/format/large_web/

Anonymous said...

My wife & I saw Christomlin, Mike & Louis March 3 in Orlando,FL.
What an amazing night of worship and praise.
Like many of you I was instantly draw to laminin. From the infinite distance to the smallest element God is with us.
How great is our God?
Indescriable.

Anonymous said...

I saw the concert last week here in Atlanta. All I can say is trully How Great Is Our God. It was my first experience at this type of concert and I walked away telling people about laminin all week. I googled it today and what I have found has been simply amazing. I thank God for the laminin that holds all of us together. I thank each of you as well...you've enlightened me beyond measure. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Hey,I went ot the Chris Tomlin concert@Landmark Cincinnati!!!!!
How great IS our God?!!!???
Just look at Laminin.....what an awesome message of the cross!I had the privilage of going with 6of our youth and 5 adults...we were still on cloud9 the next day!!!!!!!! God is truly amazing and I praise him everyday for His power..... Lisa

Marka said...

I don't know any of you, but when I googled Laminin after hearing Lou Giglio in their Memphis concernt, I found your blog and all the comments. I have to throw in my thoughts with you Christians from all over the country...our God is so great, isn't He?? The amazement and love we all share for Him and His messages to us through the very substance of our bodies is mind-boggling! I would love to know if any of you have found the exact verse and version in Isaiah to which Louis referred...I haven't found the exact wording he used and really want to find it to share with others. Thanks...

Anonymous said...

My wife and I went to the praise concert last night in Mobile, and like so many other people, we came away with new outlook on Gods greatness. The vastness of his heavens is truly amazing. And just think, he wants to share that with us. God is truly wonderful to us. Look up into the heavens tonight and realize that there is no end to his work. He is forever!!!!

Anonymous said...

A friend invited me last minute to the Chris Tomlin concert (Jacksonville March15,2007)
..the blessing accompanies this trio (Chris, Matt Redmon, and Louis Giglio) The music is great, the message is great, and God is so "there". It's church, it's fellowship, it's an awesome time with God. Don't miss it!

All in a day's fun said...

Oh my goodness! This is incredible how God is getting this message out to so many at this crucial time! I too was googling laminin after the concert that I went to last night here in Jacksonville Florida and found your blog. Thank you Kortney for posting it! I must say, the size of the universe that God spoke into existance is what got me. How HUGE God is, yet how I have doubted His power and ability, making Him my size instead of looking up. I can only pray that God reminds me of this truth I heard tonight the next time I am tempted to doubt Him. So help me God!-Bethany

Anonymous said...

WOW! I went to the Jacksonville show last night...it was AMAZING! I am looking for something to bring to my boss...something to show him to give him no doubt...and laminin was it! I was praying like 5 hours before the concert for God to show me something that would WOW my boss, and this is it!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I too went to the concert here in Jacksonville, Fl. and was so blessed and so blown away about lamanin. Truly God loved us so much. I told my co-workers about lamanin and showed them this website and they too are amazed. I am a changed person after the concert, truly God deserve all our praise and woship, and my life perspective will never be the same again. My God the creator of everything knows me personally (psalms 139), what else can i ask for. To God be all the Praise and Glory.

Spirit-led said...

Wow - My daughter and I just went to this concert tonight in Ft Myers FL and all I can say is - Our God is truly Awesome. With Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman in tandem on the same stage leading worship - I've lost my voice from singing. Louie Giglio - Hubbell photos and laminin - Gods "glue" that holds us together - each filled with the Cross of Christ who loves us beyond our understanding. Each miniscule cell in quadrillions of universes, including ourselves, marked with the cross of salvation - from the beginning of time, I can't even begin to grab hold of it. All I know is I must try. Because He holds me, every second of every day. And I will Worship, with all of my heart, for eternity. Blessings

Anonymous said...

I went to the praise concert in Ft Myers. I just stand in awe of our God: he is with us through the massive and miniscule. The comparasion the huge black hole and microscopic laminin just shows that nothing we humans can manufacture is too small or too big to hand over to God.

I pray that this message will reach thousands in the scientific community, as there seems to be many doubters of the greatness of God, that believe in modern science instead...

Anonymous said...

My husband and I also attended the concert in Ft Myers........Laminin....I had instantly felt a chill, It was awesome...God provided another child of his a way to spread the news in a different way to get to some of the lost. This evidence cannot be denied even to the stubbornist minds Another step in order to accomplish the Great Commission.

Anonymous said...

Truly amazing! I was at the Ft Myers concert on Friday March 16th. I've seen Chris in concert before but not with Matt and Louie. I am so glad I went to this concert! It is clear that God is using Chris,Matt and Louie in such a powerful way that they reach people with a exciting and exhiliarting presentation of their God given talents. Thank you Lord for the gift of music that you have bestowed upon Chris and Matt. And Thank you Lord for the gift of being able to bring the word to life that you have bestowed on Louie as well as Chris and Matt.

Laminin...I had never heard of it before but will defintely be passing the "life giving glue" information on to everyone I know!!

God Bless everyone who has had the chance to experience the Made to Worship tour. I pray that more people will get to experience it as well!

Anonymous said...

I went to Chris Tomlin concert in Ft. Myers this past Friday and I'm still in awe at My Father's power and magnitude. This was not just a concert, it ministered, it brought me closer to MY Father. The very thought that he sealed me with the imprint of the cross (laminin) before I was even born, made me realize that He is master of all and there is nothing for me to fear. He created Heaven and Earth and He created me. I am touched and honored that he took the time to create me.

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how God is using this concert to bring His message to thousands...I just saw Chris Tomlin, Matt and Louie in Jacksonville Florida on Thursday evening and came home refreshed and amazed...God is soooo good!!

Crusader said...

There are actually 12 forms of Laminin that scientists have diecovered so far. The main use is adhesion, as Louie pointed out, but they're learning that Laminin also aids in embryonic development, differentiation (what cells do what), migration and healing. In fact, if they can synthesize it, it can lead to accelerated healing and solving of birth defects - maybe even a more important element than the stem cell in curing such diseases as Parkinsons, etc... And synthesizing it would mean no one has to die/be aborted for others to live... Check out this article from the University of Washington: http://www.uweb.engr.washington.edu/research/tutorials/laminin.html

Anonymous said...

&hearts:Hi THank you for posting this I was googling for some info to witness to my co-worker. I live in Naples and 3-16-07 was also at the concert. I feel so Blessed to have been able to be in a room were the soul focus was to Worship Our Heavely Father. It was awseome to share that with so many people, all outstretched hands not being able to reach high enough to Praise Our All Mighty GOd. I also took my 16 yr old daughter and she took a new perspective as her hands were compelled to reach up to HIM. Its amazing how He keeps showing us how He holds us together. His love is so neverending. I attend Calvary Chapel Naples and was able to see my pastor Praising GOd and it was an experience I will never forget. I also want to quickly Thank My Lord and Saviour for providing us with Leaders like Chris, Matt and Louie to show us the evidence that you have created specificly to prove to us over and over again that You are Our Living God. Thank you Jesus for your unconditional Love. You love us so much you as someone said you brought the DNA as proof. No one can deny how awseome you are. I love You, thank You! In Your SOns Precious Name, Amen!!! GIva

Anonymous said...

LAMININ! LAMININ! : ) So let's just say that God did not look over the small details... who would sit and think to make the smallest thing that holds our bodies together be in the shape of the wonderful cross... I just sat there with goosebumps when Louie showed us that picture. Louie Giglio, Chris Tomlin, and Matt Redman are amazing... I went to the Passion Conference in Jan. and that concert lastnight was almost the exact same thing... it wasn't a concert at all. It was singing praises to Lord Almighty! If you get a chance to go see Chris, Matt, and Louie don't hesitate!

GLORY IN THE HIGHEST TO OUR LORD!

Anonymous said...

WOW...what a great worship experience. Saw Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, and Louie Giglio on March 19 in Knoxville, TN. If Sunday morning worship services were more like this, the churches couldn't hold all the people... How Great is our GOD!

Anonymous said...

Last night (March 21, 2007) the young adults of our church attended the Chris Tomlin and Mett Redman concert. It was phenomenal! The speaker Louie Giglio shared on the Greatness of God in the heavens, galaxies and the human body and used Psalm 33 as his spring board. To think that he took the time to create man to have a personal relationship with him. WOW! Who are we that He is mindful of us eh? I would do no justice to repeat what he said on the Human body and Laminin. IT was a tremendous experience and now when I sing songs like "How great is our God" it has a WHOLE NEW MEANING!!!

The Rogers Family said...

What an amazing God we serve! I went to the concert last night in Little Rock, and like everyone else has posted, it was an incredible night of worshipping the God who truly holds ALL things together.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Well, I too experienced the amazing time of worship with Chris, Matt and Louie. I was in Little Rock, AR last night (Mar 22, 07) and heard the same message. So, like so many others, I too came home and googled this fascinating laminin. Which led me to your site. I am continually blown away at how awesome our God truly is. And I am so excited that not only did so many people go and experience this amazing night, but that we are all so hungry to search it out and know more. This is an incredible message that we can in turn share. Bless you all!

Anonymous said...

Last night My friends and I went to the "How Great Is Our God" Tour in Little Rock, Ar and it was just mind-boggling! No words can express the presence that was in the Building!!! The Speaking was by far my favorite part! God never ceases to WOW me! It made me leave with a whole different perspective about how big God is and how he will never let go! Laminin is a true example of what holds us together and that is God Almighty!! The concert was a true blessing and I hope so many more people experience it!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I also went to the concert in Baton Rouge. I am looking for a scientific report on Laminin. That states it is what holds the body together. Can anyone help me. Want6ing to share . I found the pix. on the dna. Also would like the pix on the black hole.. u guys know what i am talking about... Isn't God good. Help
iamjorgenswife@yahoo.com thanks

Anonymous said...

My husband and I went March 23rd to see this concert...WOW HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD! The humble performers including the audience praising and worshipping God..Learning even more about how BIG he is, with the Universe pictures & Laminin what a testimonal piece of news that is to tell others who are in doubt & still searching. Pressing on towards the goal is telling others and bringing them into the kingdom.. Keep up the Good News.

Anonymous said...

I was also at the Chris Tomlin concert. I went to the one in Mobile, AL and it was amazing. It is really amazing to see even the smallest details in our bodies did not get over looked by God. I was very inspired by the message and I plan on using "laminin" as a spiritual message to others

Anonymous said...

Isn't it also interesting that laminin is also made of three parts?
I also went to the concert, and was very touched. Thank you Jesus for showing me the way.

Anonymous said...

My wife and our best friends saw the final show (3-25-07) of Chris Tomlin's "How Great is Our God" tour. We were so moved. Our God is so Big! To think that nothing is impossible with God was really put into perspective! God bless and see you next time you are in Dayton,Ohio Michael J

Anonymous said...

Im 16 and just got into chrisitianity. I use to have probs with drugs and then i saw the passions 2007 video. It touched me. I love god now. Loui CHanged my life. Hes my boy

Unknown said...

My husband and I went to the Chris Tomlin/Matt Redman concert back in February and let me tell you, IT WAS AWESOME!! I guess you all heard Louie talk about the LAMININ too..well tonight I finally decided to google it and it brought tears to my eyes! Its amazing how God puts his STAMP on everything that He does, even in our bodies!!! He truly does ALL THINGS WELL.

Anonymous said...

Praises to our Heavenly Father!
From molecular details to stellar scales! How His Word creates the immense and the minute. His Power is amazing and accomodating:
GOD the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is so vast, and yet concerned with the humanistic details! This does occur at the exactly the right time! On the gobal stage, we are such insignificants, our surroundings and sins dwarf us. But Christ has cleansed all that away with His cross and great love from before the foundations of this earth!!!
My temptations are shown in their true perspective and I hold my submission to the Master of the universe, our Great GOD!
I will never see golf the same way again!
"Those who trust in the LORD will find new strength." Isaiah 40:31

Anonymous said...

My church showed this quest speaker Louie Giglio on a big screen for our church services this weekend. It was a spine tingling message. GOD is so Awesome! Just the fact that Lamanin the protein that holds us together is shaped like a Cross says it all......WOW! Each and everyone of us are so special and were chosen by GOD, what an amazing message.....:)

Anonymous said...

This truly is amazing, when I first heard about it and saw the picture I was thrilled. God wants the world to know he is the creator and has left his mark everywhere, even inside our bodies.

Anonymous said...

I think the lord does amazing things for us. I was watching a movie last night called "How Great is our God" and it was amazing. It said that if earth were a golf ball a star in the universe is six empire state buildings and I was so amazed. It featured Louie Giglo. It also has a wonderful speach about the Laminin. 5:08pm

Anonymous said...

yay! lamin is cool until you realize that mutations in lamin cause neuromuscular degeneration such as various types of muscular dystrophy and progeria.

Anonymous said...

this is what lamin really looks like in the cell at physiological conditions and not an artist's schematic:

http://www.pdb.org/pdb/images/1ifr_bio_r_250.jpg

http://www.pdb.org/pdb/images/1x8y_bio_r_250.jpg

Anonymous said...

amazing? no.. coincidental? yes

Anonymous said...

well I was visiting my sister in Colorado this last winter she passed on Lou Giglio's DVD with Chris Tomlin in concert. This was the biggest mind,soul,body changing event in my 46 years of living life as I knew it. Iam a recovering drug addict of 20 years. I did not think I could connect with my higher power again? and time was running out for me. This DVD has opened my heart and soul again. It's gave me confirmation on the highest level in a scientific way that was so heart felt and spiritual. I'm moved,changed and born again. thank you Lou Giglio and Chris Tomlin for a refreshing approach to
accepting God and honoring him in a new age with so many things wrong with so many things. God Bless You All. craig griffin Apple Valley,CA

Anonymous said...

well I was visiting my sister in Colorado this last winter she passed on Lou Giglio's DVD with Chris Tomlin in concert. This was the biggest mind,soul,body changing event in my 46 years of living life as I knew it. Iam a recovering drug addict of 20 years. I did not think I could connect with my higher power again? and time was running out for me. This DVD has opened my heart and soul again. It's gave me confirmation on the highest level in a scientific way that was so heart felt and spiritual. I'm moved,changed and born again. thank you Lou Giglio and Chris Tomlin for a refreshing approach to
accepting God and honoring him in a new age with so many things wrong with so many things. God Bless You All. craig griffin Apple Valley,CA

Anonymous said...

Just goes to show that the Great I AM reveals what He wants, when He wants according to His appointed time! You are the Great I AM, You are the God of all creation, You are the Great I AM, You are the God of restoration, You are the Great I AM. We shout with joy, we sing Your praise, we lift our voices, Your Word proclaim. You are the Great I AM Yeshua, You are the Great I AM Hallelujah, You are the Great I AM!

Anonymous said...

You guys said it all and i reinterate GOD IS AWESOME, me and a few freinds watched the movie at Faith Camp, a camp ran by KF ministires and we were blown away, the next day and evening I was babysitting and all the time looking up and still in amazement 2 months after. God is truely awesome and the talk got rid of any doubt about God's ability and majesty. Praise him.