I meant to do a Thanksgiving post and talk about the things I'm most thankful for, but time got away from me....again. So, here goes. I think Christmas time is still a great time to reflect on these things anyway.
1. Jesus Christ-He died for me so I could spend eternity with Him, then conquered death, and then God left me with an amazing book to learn all about it. Oh, that I could only do His name justice in my lifetime and be a witness for him!
2. My health-I just got a call today from Ericka telling me that a friend from church, Katie, has been diagnosed with having three additional tumors in her brain. They are performing emergency surgery today. Please pray for Katie and the doctors. Needless to say, I'm so thankful for my health!
3. My hubby- I am blessed to have Jon in my life and learning what it means to be a good wife.
4. My family-Jon, parents, Troy, Kelly, the whole lot of them. They are wonderfully supportive, caring people who are behind me no matter what.
5. Friends-Same deal. These guys are the best. I have been so blessed by the people God has put in my life.
6. My home- I live in a beautiful city in a lovely home that is in the perfect location and size for where I am in life.
7. My job- If you've asked me lately, you know how much stress there has been at work. However, my job is overall very rewarding and has some great perks at times. (Did I mention two weeks off soon?) Plus, it helps pay the bills to live in the home previously mentioned.
8. Weekends-Although I wish they were longer, (why the five:two ratio again? Someone in Congress should really look into this and get the odds a little better on this one) they are much valued. Sleeping in, hanging out, shopping, eating out, movies. Ahh...it's the life!
9. Technology- Wait a second, Jon. Let me explain. No, I don't love technology like you love technology. No, I don't love computers and gadgets in general. No, I don't love slashdot. But....I do love the convinence of e-mail, cell phones, etc. Come on, it counts, right?
10. Vacations-Although they don't happen nearly as much as they should, they are great times to make memories, relax, sightsee, explore, and just "get away from it all."
And that's all she wrote.
No comments:
Post a Comment