Friday, October 07, 2005

Adult Life Manual

So I have a college undergrad degree, and in a few short months I can add a master's degree on top of that. You'd think I'd know some good ol' basic things to help make adult decisions/obstacles easier. Why aren't you taught in college/high school some basic life skills which would make some things SOOOO much easier? Examples include

1. Choosing a mortgage (terminology, how it works, etc)
2. Buying a house (same as above)
3. How to avoid and talk you way out of slimy car salesmen techniques
4. How to use basic tools (drummel, saw, hammer, etc) and do it well
5. How to change a tire
6. The ins and outs of investments (IRAs, 401K, annuity, etc)

Okay, so these are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are TONS more. Having to refinance our house has just been the biggest pain in the patute, and if we would have known some basic stuff upfront, we would be saving outselves a lot of time, agony, and MONEY right now.

Feel free to add to the basic life manual table of contents. I'm sure it could get pretty long pretty quickly.

So happy it's Friday!

No comments: